Friday 25 March 2011

Petua Siang Sayur Supaya Manis


 picture is from source of Google

Satu lagi petua yang berkaitan ngan sayur! Well, this time I got this petua from a lady yang dulu bekerja sebagai pembantu rumah at my house. This lady is a mother to my sister's friend and we had her to stay with us for a while until my mom got us a permanent pembantu rumah. yeah, dulu kita panggil pembantu rumah because they are locals and citizens, unlike these days where people prefers to use foreigners maid to help with house chores.

Neways, we called her "Bonda" which means mom or mother. I can remember one day I sat beside her while she cooks lunch and I notice the way she cut her vegetables and I asked why? What she did was, instead of using the knives or nowadays people uses kitchen scissors; she simply use her hands to 'pluck' the leaves from the stem, or just break into small pieces with crunchier type of vegetable. Sebagai contoh lah, sayur kangkung.. Biasanyer kita siang sayur pakai pisau, tapi Bonda petik-petik daun kangkung tu bersama sebahagian kecil tangkainya dengan hanya menggunakan tangan. Lepas tu kalau dia siang kacang panjang or kacang buncis pun dia gunakan teknik yang sama, petik-petik to smaller pieces. Bila I tanyer; Bonda, kenapa buat sayur tu macam tu and she answered... Barulah sayur ni manis bila kita masak nanti.. So, sampai lah sekarang nih, kalau I masak sayur, bila nak siang sayur tu I will just use my hands..

Do try this out babes..



No comments:

Post a Comment