Wednesday 8 July 2009

My Chicken Pie


This is my version of chicken pie which I always make for my family… the originality of this recipe comes from my best fren’s family pie they call it ‘Moreira Pie’. This pie is sooooo sedap when Debbie made for me so I just had to make more for myself... with some additional ingredients I then call it my chicken pie!

Ingredients:

500g of chicken cubes (u can also use any part of the chicken as u like just cut into small bite pieces

3 carrots (cut into cubes, you can opt for mixed vegetable if you like)

1 can of button mushrooms (if you can get fresh mushrooms so much better)

3 bay leaves

1 tbs garlic paste

½ tsp dry or fresh parsley

½ tsp basil dry herbs

½ tsp thyme dry herbs

½ cup of thick cream (u can opt for half can of instant mushroom soup)

Chicken stok (I use mini cubes)

Black pepper, salt, sugar for seasonings

* You can add chicken sosej and some boiled eggs if you like

Topping:

1 bag of potato boiled until soften and mashed with butter, thick cream, salt and pepper. Leave aside.

Method:

Heat little oil and stir fry garlic paste, chicken, mushroom and carrots. If you wish to put sausage just wait a little longer than add in. once they are cooked add in bay leaves and dried herbs, chicken stock, add in a little bit of water and the thick cream (if you’re using mushroom soup then mix the paste with hot water then add in instead of the thick cream also ignore the chicken stock- everything is in the canned soup already). Continue to fry and wait until thickens. Add in flavorings. Once cooked put in a oven proof bakeware and cover with the mashed potato earlier. Spread a thin layer of egg yolk on the top and bake in the oven until golden brown. Let it cool before serve. You can serve with home made brown gravy (will post in my next recipe ehehehhe…)

5 comments:

  1. Yummy... nampak sedap nih... terliur2 dah nih... hehhehehhehe nanti nak try la... sue suka masak ek.. mesti terer masak nih.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. eheheheh, ninie, kena try nih mmg my family feveret. suka masak? well more to have to masak eheheheh sbb dah ader family now kan... kalau boleh nak diya baisangan my cookings eheheh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah this looks good. Must try one day! I tak pernah buat pie pie nih :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie Moreira9 July 2009 at 09:00

    haha.. nice try..

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahah, yeah millie u kena try and senang sbb tak payah bake da skin just use mashed potato as da skin atas tu mcm sheperds pie..

    ya bie, finally i can make da pie already but still tak jadi like urs la the top brownish? must bake longer kot coz i made dat for my sis mini party in very big bakeware.

    ReplyDelete