Thursday 11 December 2008

Vanilla Choco Chips


It's vanilla flavour with shiny chocolate chips!
I personally made this yummy cuppacake especially for my cousin's wedding recently as door gift for VIPs. Well... all of my cakes are personally made by myself heheheh.
I used my simple vanilla cupcake recipe(with less sugar) and top with almond flavour icing(I made slightly sweeter). They taste superb! how i know? Coz I can see most of the VIPs guests eating it on the spot and keep nodding their head hahahahahha....
I believe for weddings the cake should be simple ones but with a nice decoration; a bit more sweet on the icing but not too much on the cake. As we all know on weddings the food are more likely to be heavy especially Malay weddings and the deserts are quite sweet so the cake if too sweet too it wont be nice la ha?
I used 150g butter, 150g selfrising flour and 150g castor sugar. 3 eggs, a table spoon of vanilla essence and lots of chocolate chips! Just beat butter, sugar, the essence and eggs till creamy and slowly add the flour. if the batter is too hard just add couple of table spoon fresh milk until you get the desired consistency lastly add the shiny chocolate chips. Very easy isn't it? who says baking is difficult heheheh...
Scoop the batter into cupcake cups 3/4 full and bake on 180 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Do check on the cake from time to time you wouldn't want burnt cakes.
Tips: use imported chocolate chips as they don't easily melt as you bake and still can munch every time you bite the yummy cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment